Alliance and Advocacy
The Alliance is a coalition of public and private organizations that recognize the critical and indispensable role caregivers play in meeting the long term care needs of the elderly and disabled in Kenosha County. The Alliance was established to develop and support local and state solutions for the ever increasing shortage of healthcare workers serving individuals in need of long term care.
"To develop and implement community wide strategies to improve the recognition, retention and recruitment of the long term care workforce."
What are the benefits to joining the Alliance?
- Affiliation with individuals and organizations concerned about the issues impacting the LTC workforce
- Forums to discuss and develop initiatives to address the LTC workforce
- Opportunity for direct input on project development
- Training Opportunities for supervisory & front line staff
- Worker Incentives at reduced costs
- Recruitment Opportunities (Job fairs and career days)
- Free Monthly Publications for administrative & direct care staff
- Participation in:
- Annual recognition luncheon
- Training for managers and direct-care workers
- Legislative Breakfast
- Bi-monthly luncheon meetings as an upbeat support activity for its members
- Up to date information on state and national initiatives and policies which affect the LTC workforce
How Can I Join?
- Ron Frederick
- Terry Lynch
- Ted McMahon
- Anne Rabin
Alpha Homes of Wisconsin
Assured Healthcare LLC
Azura Memory Care
Brookside Care Center
Casa del MarÃ©
Compassionate Care Hospice
Cook Adult Family Homes
Crabtree Residential Care
Dayton Residential Care
Emerald Home/King's Care
Four Seasons Residential
Gateway Technical College
Gentiva Health Care
Goodwill Industries of SE Wisconsin
Grande Prairie Health & Rehabilitation
Harmony Living of Kenosha
Home Instead Senior Care
Hospitality Nursing & Rehab
Humphrey Adult Family Living
Kenosha County Division of Aging & Disability Services
Kenosha Estates Living and Care Center
Kenosha Visiting Nurses Association
Kindred - North and South
Lauer Adult Family Home
Lyttle Scott's Dale
Magnolia's Assisted Living
Milwaukee Family Care
St. Joseph's Home
Supportive Home Care Services, LLC
Todd´s Companion Plus
Transitional Living Corporation
Victorian Manor Adult Family Home
Volunteers of America
2013 Advisory Board Members
Executive Committee Representative
Chairman: Julie Iwen – Brookside Care Center
Vice Chair: Victor Erato – Home Instead Senior Care
Treasurer: Ruthann Zweifelhofer – Society's Assets
Secretary: Kristy McAlister – Dayton Residential Care
Past Chair: Ted McMahon – Home Instead Senior Care
Standing Committee Representative
Legislative: Earl Hawley – Transitional Living Corp.
Education: Amy Mlot – Society's Assets
Recognition: Julie Lupi – Society Assets
Michael Callahan – Right-at-Home
Dina Cucunato – Kenosha Visiting Nurses Association
Sherri Arnold – Goodwill of Kenosha
Take Time to say "Thank you"
It only takes a minute to say thank you to tell someone you appreciate the key role they play in caring for the people that mean the most to you.
The Kenosha county LTC Workforce Alliance recognized the indispensible role that frontline workers play in the lives of Kenosha's elderly and disabled populations. These dedicated individuals provide 80% of the hands-on care in nursing and residential facilities and help people stay as independent as possible in their own homes. They make a huge difference in the lives of the people they care for.
So take the opportunity to thank caregivers who care for you, your family, and your friends. Here are some simple things you can do to show your appreciation:
- Go out of your way to tell a caregiver that he or she is doing a good job. A word of encouragement can make a big difference.
- Send a note to a caregiver letting him or her know that you appreciate the job they do. Send a copy of the note to the caregiver's supervisor.
- Take steps to build a relationship with a caregiver. Take an interest in his or her well-being and interest.
Thank You Card
Please feel free to print out and use this Thank You for Caring card. The card was created in the Caring Careers theme of the Alliance campaign. It is left blank inside for your personal note.
Advocacy with Policy Makers - Links
The Wisconsin Council on Children and Families has very good articles on advocating for your cause.
Who are my legislators?
This link will take you the Wisconsin Legislature home page and you can follow links to find your legislator.
Kenosha County State Legislative Delegation
Hot Line 1-800- 362-9472
District # 64: Representative Peter Barca Rep.Barca@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-5504 Capitol 201 West
District # 65: Representative John Steinbrink Rep.email@example.com
(608) 266-0455 Capitol 129 West
District # 66: Representative Samantha Kerkman Rep.firstname.lastname@example.org
(608) 266-2530 Capitol 315 North
District # 32: Representative Tyler August Rep.August@legis.wisconsin.gov
(608) 266-1190 Capitol 4 West
District # 22: Senator Robert Wirch Sen.email@example.com
(608) 267-8979 Capitol 127 South
District #11: Senator Neal Kedzie Sen.firstname.lastname@example.org
(608) 266-2635 Capitol 313 South