Alliance Membership and Advocacy
The Alliance is a coalition of public and private organizations that recognize the critical and indispensable role caregivers play in meeting the long term care needs of the elderly and disabled in Kenosha County. The Alliance was established to develop and support local and state solutions for the ever increasing shortage of healthcare workers serving individuals in need of long term care.
"To develop and implement community wide strategies to improve the recognition, retention and recruitment of the long term care workforce."
What are the Benefits to Joining the Alliance?
- Affiliation with individuals and organizations concerned about the issues impacting the LTC workforce
- Forums to discuss and develop initiatives to address the LTC workforce
- Opportunity for direct input on project development
- Training Opportunities for supervisory & front line staff
- Worker Incentives at reduced costs
- Recruitment Opportunities (Job fairs and career days)
- Free monthly publications for administrative & direct care staff
- Participation in:
- Annual recognition luncheon
- Training for managers and direct-care workers
- Legislative Breakfast
- Bi-monthly luncheon meetings as an upbeat support activity for its members
- Up to date information on state and national initiatives and policies which affect the LTC workforce
How can I Join?
- Ron Frederick
- Terry Lynch
- Anne Rabin
Alpha Homes of Wisconsin
Assured Healthcare LLC
Azura Memory Care
Bale Adult Family Home
Brookside Care Center
Casa del Mare
Compassionate Care Hospice
Cook Adult Family Homes
Crabtree Residential Living
Dayton Residential Care
Dimensions Home Health Care
Emergency Response Technologies, LLC
Frontida Assisted Living Community
Gateway Technical College
Gentiva Health Care
Goodwill Industries of SE Wisconsin
Grande Prairie Health & Rehabilitation
Harmony Living of Kenosha
Home Instead Senior Care
Hospitality Nursing & Rehab
Kenosha County Division of Aging & Disability Services
Kenosha Estates Living and Care Center
Kenosha Visiting Nurses Association
Kenosha Unified School District
Lauer Adult Family Home
Lifecare Homes, Inc. (South Winds)
Magnolia's Assisted Living
ManorCare Health Services
Martin Family Care Home
MCDFC Family Care Serving Southeast Wisconsin
Season's Hospice & Palliative Care
St. Joseph's Home and Rehabilitation Center
Todd´s In-home Care
Transitional Living Corporation
Volunteers of America
2014 Advisory Board Members
Executive Board Representatives
Vice Chair: Victor Erato – Home Instead Senior Care
Treasurer: Shelley Maurer - Parkside Manor
Secretary: Lisa Wiedholz - Azura Memory Care
Past Chair: Ted McMahon
Standing Committee Chairmen
By-Laws: Victor Erato – Home Instead Senior Care
Nominations/Elections – Tony Gresham – Advocate
Public Policy: Jean Rumachik – Society's Assets
Recognition: Julie Lupi – Society Assets
Sherri Arnold – Goodwill of Kenosha
Ron Frederick – Advocate
Tony Gresham – Advocate
Rita Hagen – Hospice Alliance
Take Time to say "Thank you"
It only takes a minute to say thank you to tell someone you appreciate the key role they play in caring for the people that mean the most to you.
The Kenosha county LTC Workforce Alliance recognized the indispensible role that frontline workers play in the lives of Kenosha's elderly and disabled populations. These dedicated individuals provide 80% of the hands-on care in nursing and residential facilities and help people stay as independent as possible in their own homes. They make a huge difference in the lives of the people they care for.
So take the opportunity to thank caregivers who care for you, your family, and your friends. Here are some simple things you can do to show your appreciation:
- Go out of your way to tell a caregiver that he or she is doing a good job. A word of encouragement can make a big difference.
- Send a note to a caregiver letting him or her know that you appreciate the job they do. Send a copy of the note to the caregiver's supervisor.
- Take steps to build a relationship with a caregiver. Take an interest in his or her well-being and interest.
Thank You Card
Please feel free to print out and use this Thank You for Caring card. The card was created in the Caring Careers theme of the Alliance campaign. It is left blank inside for your personal note.
Advocacy with Policy Makers - Links
The Wisconsin Council on Children and Families has very good articles on advocating for your cause.
Who are my legislators?
This link will take you the Wisconsin Legislature home page and you can follow links to find your legislator.
Legislative Hot Line 1-800-362-9472
District 32: Representative Tyler August Rep.email@example.com
(608) 266-1190 Room 119 West, State Capitol, PO Box 8952, Madison, WI 53708
District 61: Representative Samantha Kerkman Rep.firstname.lastname@example.org
(608) 266-2530 Room 315 North, State Capitol, PO Box 8952, Madison, WI 53708
District 63: Representative Robin Vos Rep.email@example.com
(608) 266-9171 Room 211 West, State Capitol, PO Box 8953, Madison, WI 53708
District 64: Representative Peter Barca Rep.firstname.lastname@example.org
(608) 266-5504 Room 201 West, State Capitol, PO Box 8952, Madison, WI 53708
District 65: Representative Tod Ohnstad Rep.email@example.com
(608) 266-0455 Room 420 North, State Capitol, PO Box 8953, Madison, WI 53708
District 66: Representative Corey Mason Rep.firstname.lastname@example.org
(608) 266-0634 Room 6 North, State Capitol, PO Box 8953, Madison, WI 53708
District 21: Vacant
District 21: Senator John Lehman Sen.email@example.com
(608) 266-1832 Room 5 South, State Capitol, PO Box 7882, Madison, WI 53703
District 22: Senator Robert Wirch Sen.firstname.lastname@example.org
(608) 267-8979 Room 127 South, State Capitol, PO Box 7882, Madison, WI 53707